Do you have a passion for storytelling? Are you able to see the world through a unique lens? Now is the time to combine your passions with guerilla marketing practitioners and gain real world experience executing innovative and unique marketing campaigns throughout Austin. Discover how a small ice cream company in Austin, Texas is changing the world one scoop at a time.
Amy’s Ice Creams, homegrown in Austin, has 15 locations in Austin, Houston and San Antonio, a new bakery, Baked by Amy’s, and a new education program, Amy’s EDU. Amy’s mission statement is to “Make People’s Day” and we achieve this mission through great service, high quality product and strong community engagement. Education is one of Amy’s most valuable principles and Amy’s has created a Marketing and Communications internship to infuse our passion with storytelling and unique marketing practices.
Amy’s Ice Creams’ Marketing and Communications Intern will work directly with the Amy’s Marketing and Communications Director and team, completing marketing projects and tasks related to current company sales and community engagement goals. With nearly a dozen major projects, interns are able to build and execute actual campaigns. Our internship program offers the opportunity to learn real world skills in guerrilla marketing, online/digital media marketing, storytelling through popular distribution channels, and Amy’s approach to business using open book management.
Marketing & Communications Intern
What You'll Learn
- ALL ABOUT ICE CREAM! (Free ice cream included)
- How to use social media as a customer service channel.
- Brand messaging for a small business with multiple units
- Pitching a news stories to new & traditional media content creators
- Social media advertising
- Nonprofit outreach for promotional purposes.
- Open-Book Management business processes & marketing workflows
- Introduction to e-commerce retail.
- Getting Things Done(c) productivity methodology
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Write & schedule updates to social networks
- Reach out to New Media (blogger, writers, photographers) contacts
- Review Media Database for active story submissions
- Write Content for online distribution
- Assist in the production of promotional events
- Complete online maintenance of social & online properties.
- Extend Amy's Brand to nonprofits through donation programs
- Attend Open Book Management Leadership Team Meetings
- Strong written skills (We do a lot of writing in the Marketing Department)
- Strong organization skills
- A passion for storytelling & communicating
- Basic knowledge of the Google Apps Suit (Gmail, google docs, spreadsheets, news, alerts reader etc.)
- Basic Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIN, Yelp. etc.
- Must be enrolled in junior year of college or higher
- Completed Introduction to Marketing course or equivalent
- Must work a minimum of 12-15 hours weekly.
- Able to work up to 20 hours. Required to work at least 12-15 hours weekly.
- This is an educational unpaid internship
Internships are available year round and flexible to fit with any schedule. Get more information by calling Aaron Clay, Marketing Director, (512) 458-6149 x518 or emailing email@example.com.
How to Apply
Visit http://crsh.in/AICinterns to apply online
Summer Semester Deadline: June 05, 2015