Santa has arrived!
Over the weekend Santa made his seasonal debut right here in North Austin at The Arboretum. No holiday festivities wouldn’t be complete without fresh roasted s'mores made with our Mexican Vanilla Marshmallows and a few friends to share it with!
What Amy’s Holiday item would you leave out for Santa?
Come visit the Burnet Rd Amy’s Ice Creams and Phil’s Ice House next week! We are hosting 2 incredible education organizations:
Mention their organization while ordering to help them get closer to a portion of the day’s sales at each business!
As part of its once-a-month “Barks and Brews” live music series, The Water Trough in Lone Star Court Hotel at the Domain will be hosting “Howl-O-Ween” this Thursday Oct 29th 5:00-9:00pm.
This holiday-themed event will feature live music, complimentary food tastings, a doggy costume contest, and free Amy’s doggy ice cream for the pooches that come out! Plus Austin Pets Alive! will be on hand with dogs available for adoption on site. Don’t miss it!
To conclude National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, GoPinkATX is coming to the Grove at Southpark Meadows!
On Sunday, October 25th, Amy’s in Southpark Meadows will be donating 10% of the day’s sales to Breast Cancer Resource Centers of Texas and giving free Circus Animal Cookie crush’ns to anyone wearing pink! There will also be mobile mammogram trucks near the Grove giving screenings to heighten awareness for breast cancer research, treatment, and early detection.
Stop by for a burger and dessert next week to help us support some fantastic local organizations!
We’ll be hosting the UT Texas Wranglers on Monday 10/19 and Austin Discovery School on Tuesday 10/20. If they can get at least 50 people to mention their organization when ordering, we’ll share some of the entire day’s sales with them!
Where: Amy’s Ice Creams and Phil’s Ice House at 5624 Burnet Rd
We hope to see you there!
It comes with Great Sadness that we must inform you, our loyal community, that our Super South location will close its’ doors for the last time effective Sunday evening 11:00pm October 25th 2015.
Because of the extreme increase in rent we will no longer be able to serve our customers and friends. We have built a strong relationship with this community and this decision does not come without careful consideration. We have appreciated your generous welcome over the past ten years. We can not express the deep appreciation we have for each of you. It was our privilege to be a part of this community
We have loved making memories with you, your family, and our neighbors. We have enjoyed working here with all of you and we wish you nothing but the best. Please be sure to visit our other great locations to see some of your favorite scoopers.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com
The Amy’s Family
Find your closest Amy’s.
- “6th Street” 1012 West 6th Street
- “Soco” 1301 S. Congress
- “Westgate” 4477 South Lamar
- “Austinville 78704” 2901 South Lamar
Find all of our Austin locations here: http://www.amysicecreams.com/austin-stores/
Well, this coming Monday you and your kids sure will.
Come down to our Burnet Road location at 8:30pm where we will be showing Shrek. There will be themed ice cream and activities for the kids to enjoy! Bring your chairs, blankets and appetite for ice cream.
And don’t forget, mark your calendars on August 17 as we are finishing Movie Mondays with a big bang by showing a double feature of Toy Story 1 & 2. Hope to see you there!
Cirque du Soleil is coming to Circuit of The Americas, with its big top show KOOZA !
A childlike individual, The Innocent, discovers a colorful and adventurous world created by the genius, The Trickster. High flying acrobatics, death defying tricks and amazing feats are just the tip of the iceberg!
Amy’s Ice Creams and Cirque du Soleil have partnered together for a fun and fantastic giveaway for two VIP Rouge tickets, a prize worth $500! VIP treatment includes wine and hors d'oeuvres and the best seats in the house for magical atmosphere and entertainment guaranteed to enrapture your eyes with fantastical wonders!
We want to send YOU to the magical world of KOOZA ! We have 13 pairs of VIP Rouge Tickets to giveaway. All you need to do is visit your favorite Amy’s from 6 pm - 9 pm on the specific dates below and find the lucky KOOZA Cup.*
- Friday, August 7, 2015 @ Arboretum Location
- Saturday, August 8, 2015 @ Guadalupe Location
- Sunday, August 9, 2015 @ Austinville 78704 Location
- Tuesday, August 11, 2015 @ Trick Olympics Event
- Thursday, August 13, 2015 @ Austinville 78750 Location
- Friday, August 14, 2015 @ Burnet Location
- Sunday, August 16, 2015 @ West Gate Location
- Tuesday, August 18, 2015 @ Mira Vista Location
- Wednesday, August 19, 2015 @ Galleria Location
- Friday, August 21, 2015 @ Grove in Southpark Meadows Location
- Tuesday, August 25, 2015 @ Super South Location
- Wednesday, August 26, 2015 @ SoCo Location
- Friday, August 28, 2015 @ 6th Street Location
The show debuts on September 2 and closes on October 8. Learn more about Kooza here: http://crsh.in/1KTku4a
Tag your friends and we’ll see you soon!
*No purchase necessary. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited.
Amy’s Ice Cream’s Trick Olympics is back again for its 11th year of high flying, in your face, crowd pleasing ice cream action! Coming to you from the beautiful Grove in Southpark Meadows where last year hundreds of people came out to enjoy the spectacle known as Trick Olympics.
This event brings tricksters or ice cream acrobats from each of our 15 stores who compete against each other to claim the first place prize. Be sure to arrive early to get the best seats in the house because this year is fixin to be bigger and better!
Here’s what you can expect to see at Trick Olympics!
- All of your favorite tricksters from across Texas under one blue sky ready to go head to head for the gold.
- There will be three events for scoops to compete in. Here is a breakdown on each event:
- Solo Trick:
- Competitors spend hours perfecting a string of tricks to pump up the audience. Judges are not only looking for form and difficulty of the trick but looking at how, YOU the audience is reacting to those jaw dropping acrobatics. Tricksters get three chances to successfully complete their trick, the amphitheater fills with anticipation, hearts guaranteed to stop for just a moment, BOOM! Landed it and the crowd goes wild!
- Group Trick:
- A team working together to bring a well thought out performance to the Olympics. These crafty competitors are expected to choreograph a moment and judges are looking at their chemistry not only each other but the audience as well. Expect to see skits performed, in previous years some of our most notable have been The Monty Python, Pee Wee Herman and even The Time Warp.
- Trick Decathlon:
- Decathlon is where the stakes are raised, the egos are high and the tricksters decide their fate. Our acrobats are given 10 tricks to complete in a race against each other. Combination of skill and speed sends ice cream flying through the air, first trickster to win their heat gets pushed into the lightning round, an old fashioned game of Horse!
- Each event will send chills up your spine and smiles from ear to ear. The judges are paying close attention to crowd hype so be sure to cheer on your favorite trickster!
- Ice Cream and treats will be available for your enjoyment! The wonderful crew at The Southpark Meadows location will be slinging cream, providing you with theatrics behind the counter. The Amy’s Ice Creams Catering team will be outside to provide you with ice cream, cold beverages and bottles of water and we will have our bakery Baked by Amy’s join us! they will be selling their famous shortbread cookies that everyone should try out.
- Trick Olympics is brought to you by the hard work and dedication of many of our artistic employees who are caring, devoted and passionate about helping the community. Each year we put on Trick Olympics to help support CASA of Travis County, a non profit organization that supports and promotes court appointed volunteer advocacy so that every abused and neglected child can be safe, establish permanence and have the opportunity to thrive. Amy’s will donate 20% of the days sales to this fantastic cause. Those who donate at a CASA booth will be entered into a raffle to win $500 dollars worth of swag to your favorite Austin businesses.
And there you have it ladies and gentlemen! Four things to expect on August 11th. Be sure to bring your fold out chairs, picnic blankets and umbrellas. Everyone who loves ice cream and loves to have fun is welcome! We look forward to sharing this momentous event with all of you.